Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Bet

The empty pocket had a bet today,
with a distant friend, due to distance.
It is surely not about what the bet was,
It’s only about what the stakes were.
A blind bet, Man!
What I was in for? I chose oblivion.
Wanting to give all that I could.
For if I loose I actually win,
And if I win I will let go.
All that mattered was the eventual smile
On the face glowing like a million shining stars,
with an adjusted focus, on the destiny.
I chose to be blind and feel the shine,
Even with eyes wide shut I got the rhyme.
The crazy self is suddenly happy
Ravenous and untamed but all in innocence
Avarice scalloped but only to give.
I just wish the bet never gets over,
Stretching till ethereal eternity
For if it does, it won’t really matter who wins,
I would have in any case Won!

2 comments: